Friday 10 September 2010

A new chapter

I've been thinking about this for a while. I've contemplated that eternal question, to tweet or not to tweet, and thought about restarting my old blog. I keep thinking of things which are closely followed by the thought "Oh, I should blog that".

I'm not sure about Twitter, yet. I may still join. I don't know.

My old blog. Yes, well. I must admit, I re-read some of my old posts and I'm quite amazed by some of the things that I wrote. I can be quite eloquent at times. I can also be quite incomprehensible. That probably won't change! Still, my blog was started when I was travelling and needed a way to report to my family without sending mass emails. It saw me through about 4/5 years during which I came to Australia, met a couple of reprobates and finally met the man (in a packing shed on a farm of all places) who, in a very short space of time, became my husband. It saw, over time, our wedding, our first couple of years of marriage, the purchase of the boat which is my husband's pride and joy and the purchase of our first house. It ended, and there I think it should stay, when I miscarried our first baby at the end of my first trimester.

So there you have it, in a nutshell, the trials and tribulations of the last 5 years.

This is not, exactly, a new beginning, more a new volume to an ongoing series. So, read it, don't read it, I really don't mind. I'm just glad to be writing again.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I like the trees... :) x

Ellie said...

So do I! I thought palm trees and blue skies might be rubbing it in a bit. And I like snow :)
x

Anonymous said...

Hello love, nice to see you back :@)
Skype ya tomorrow
Love Doris x

AdventuringJen said...

Hello!
Nice to see some blogging :)
and it is indeed a very soothing sort of a look, well done!