Wednesday 29 September 2010

Moments

I have moments. Sometimes a lot, often not for ages then one will come along and grab me by the scruff of my neck and shake me about a bit. I had one tonight. I think it's been brewing for a few days but I managed to keep it under wraps and focused on a completely innocuous girly book (Anybody Out There by Miriam Keyes if you're wondering) which I picked up from our lunchroom bookshelf at work. If I could keep it aimed at the book, I could function when I wasn't reading it.

Anyway, I started reading it at work, which meant I was desperately trying not to cry in the middle of the lunchroom. This, plainly, would not do. So, I brought the book home. By the time I finished it tonight I was a sticky mess. The tears I've been holding back for days I could finally let go because I was on my own and it was ok. No prettily crying for me, oh no. Huge, gutwrenching heartbreaking sobs and tears that seemed like they wouldn't stop.

Still, I must have needed it, because I feel a whole lot better now.

1 comment:

Doris said...

(((HUGS)))
Much love Doris xxx