Wednesday 22 September 2010

Domesticity

What is it about men and cleaning the kitchen? There's absolutely no problem when it comes to arranging the garage down to the minutest details, cleaning floors, cleaning fishs tanks etc. but ask them to do something in the kitchen and suddenly all sense goes out the window. In what possible world does putting dirty plates in the sink count as 'cleaning up'? How do they think dishes will get cleaned in the dishwasher when they've dumped them in in such a manner that the water will not actually be able to get to them.

I know an effort has been made and I do appreciate it but it just means more work for me in the end because I end up doing the dishes sitting in the sink and reloading the dishwasher so I won't have to do it again.

It can't be that hard, surely?

Mind you, I have had tea cooked for me the last two nights in a row so I can't complain too much ;)

3 comments:

Amy said...

This conversation happened in our kitchen the other day:
Me: You do know that we have a 'system' for recycling plastic bottles, don't you?
TAFKALT: Yes.
Me: Do you understand the system?
TAFKALT: Yes; I leave the plastic bottles by the sink and you do something with them...

:) xx

AdventuringJen said...

I think that was a very restrained post. :)

Ells bells said...

Welshy, I know the feeling about the bottles! Don't even mention the bin to me...and yes, I was restrained ;D

x