Sunday 31 October 2010

The trouble with the tropics

Ok, my feet itch. Badly. I look diseased.

This is my own fault, I know, for being for some strange reason highly attractive to mosquitos. And then compounding the issue by spending an evening sitting in a boat club handily situated by a swamp. I got chewed.

To cap things off I went fishing today with the husband (first time in ages - he can't understand why I don't like getting up at 3am to go and bounce around in a boat - apart from the fact that getting up that early makes me sick even without the added problem of trying to brace for waves you can't see because it's still pitch bloody black. Anyway...) and, despite covering myself with lashings of sunscreen - factor 30+ no less - every few minutes, I burnt my knees. No other part, just my knees.

So, in summary, I look terrible from mid-thigh down. It's not a good look when most of the clothes I own these days (do I hear shocked gasps?) are skirts.

Hmmm.

Oh, and did I mention that my feet are on fire!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is your fault that you are attractive to mosquitos.

I always find I get bitten less if I take a tasty woman with me (why is it that the mossies like the fairer sex more?) - maybe your husband has also stumbled upon this wisdom...

... has he been asking you to accompany him more often recently?!

Also I notice from a brief scan below that you have another Chris commenting. How can I distinguish between he and I?!

Ellie said...

Hmmm...I'm not sure. How about you identify yourself as 'thechrlog' that way I can distinguish between you and the 'other' Chris.

I'm not sure about the wisdom of the bites though. He gets bitten just as much, they just only itch for two seconds for him and then disappear whereas I'm left with horrible welts that when you knock them two weeks later when you think they've finally gone burst out itching again. Grrrrr

Anonymous said...

Oh...

...when did it start doing that?!

Good, problem solved - well done!

Urgh, bites. Hopefully you are recovering!