Saturday 1 October 2011

Yawn

I have, again, been very absent from the blogging scene of late. This is mainly due to a couple of reasons. Firstly, not long after my last blog, I found out that I was pregnant (woohoo!) and did not want to jinx it in any way by shouting the news to the world before the little one was well and truly settled in its temporary home. Secondly, and probably due in no small part to the first reason, I've been exhausted. Totally, utterly, drop down can't move, can't keep my eyes open knackered.
I keep reading that this exhaustion disappears in the second trimester and you spent those three months (or so) feeling wonderful and full of energy and much, much better than you did in the first trimester. I have 5 1/2 weeks to go before I reach the third trimester (which is a scary thought in itself...) and have as yet seen no sign of this debilitating tiredness leaving me.
My husband has been wonderful. He makes me tea when I get home from work, he makes me put my feet up (especially after the incident with the swollen ankles - eek!) and he makes me go to bed early so that I get enough sleep. And I really do mean early. It's not been unknown for me to collapse in my bed at 8pm. Weekends are a time for resting. I do pregnancy yoga on a Saturday morning while he does the housework and after a week at work, that just about wipes me out for the rest of the day.
Given that we're also heading into summer (it's technically only spring and it was 34 degrees today) the chances of me having the energy to do anything for the next few months are rather slim.

Heaven only knows how I'm going to cope once I actually have a baby to look after! I'm hoping that this will get better but with sleep deprivation and the such that comes with a little one, I'm not counting on it.
Still, there are joys to being pregnant that I am discovering, feeling my baby kick and roll about is something that I just can't describe. I did think I was about to launch into a scene from Alien though the first time that I saw my stomach actually move when the baby kicked. That is just plain weird.
Anyway, to stall the inevitable questions, yes it is possible to tell what we're having and the answer is...a baby. What sex said baby is is a mystery that will just have to wait another 4 months to be resolved :)
I will try and do better with the blog. Am not making any promises though...zzzz

No comments: